Thinking about switching to another course or later start date? Or bought the wrong course?
Find out more if this path is right for you.
Am I eligible?
Switch to Start at a Later Date
- For 14 Week Standard Cohorts: 14 days after the course start date.
- For 7 Week Intensive Cohorts: 7 days after the course start date.
Students may choose to exit and start later at any point before 11:59 pm EST on this deadline.
Switch to a Different Course
Changes to enrollment must be completed no later than 12pm EST on the new course's start date.
Any changes requested after this time will require you to exit the course and enroll in the next available cohort.
How do I do this?
If you purchased the incorrect course or cohort start date, or if you would like to change your enrollment to another course, you can do this from your Outlier student account!
1. Log into your Student Dashboard.
2. Go to the top right of your screen and click the three horizontal lines next to your email address. Then, click Account.
3. On the left side of your Account page, click Course Management. Then, next to the course you plan to switch out of, click Manage Course.
- To transfer your enrollment to a later start date, click Transfer.
- To switch to a different course, click Drop. By dropping, you will leave your current course, and receive a Token to redeem for a different course easily.
Changes to enrollment must be completed no later than 12pm EST on the course start date. Any changes requested after this time will require you to exit the course and enroll in the next available cohort.
To enroll into the course you want using your new Token, click here.
*If you wish to switch to our Calculus course, you must first take and pass the pre-test.
Anything else I should know?
Cohorts at Outlier begin every month. If you opt to transfer, your purchase value will, too (via a token or transfer help from our Student Success team). Check out our academic calendar for upcoming start dates, and note any progress in the course made to date will not be saved.
Your initial enrollment will not appear on your transcript or count toward the number of attempts in a course.
Switching/transferring is just one of several options you have when considering the right fit for your educational pursuits. Go to this article to learn more about your options!