When you Audit an Outlier course, it simply means you’re taking the course without the expectation of earning credits or impacting your college transcript.
You will not receive a grade, a transcript, or college credit, and will not be participating in quizzes or exams.
Ideal Audit students are...
- High school students who are looking to add sparkle to their college applications, or learn more about a subject, but wish to avoid the burden of impacting their permanent records.
- Lifelong learners who want to take a serious course but aren’t interested in receiving grades or college credits.
For-Credit vs. Audit Comparison
The experience of an audit student is very similar to that of a for-credit student, with a few key differences:
|Practice Exercises / Terms
|Student Success Team
|Earn College Credit
The lifetime access includes:
- Cinema-quality video lectures with engaging instructors from schools like Yale, NYU, Cornell, and MIT.
- An immersive digital experience with interactive learning sets.
Problem sets, practice exercises, and practice terms to help you master the material.
Purchasing an Audit Course
How Much is an Audit Course?
The cost to audit a course is the same, flat rate as the tuition for courses taken for credit ($597).
Enrolling in an Audit Course
From the Outlier.org website, select the course you are interested in, complete the Student Goals Quiz, select AUDIT (No credit, unlimited access), and add the course to your cart!
From the Student Dashboard, head to the three horizontal lines next to your email address and then click Catalog.
Here, select the course you want to audit. On the page that follows, select Type: Audit (Ungraded). After choosing your desired duration and start date, click Add Course.
Switch from For-Credit to Audit
Students are eligible to switch from enrolled (for credit) to audit status if the drop deadline has not passed.
- For 14-Week Standard Cohorts: 14 days after the course start date.
- For 7-Week Intensive Cohorts: 7 days after the course start date.
- Go to the top right of your screen and click the Menu Bar (three horizontal lines next to your email address). Then, click Account.
- On the left side of your Account page, click Course Management.
- Next to the course you wish to drop, click Manage Course.
- If your course is eligible to be dropped, you'll see the Drop button under "Available Options". Click Audit.
Students may choose to switch from for-credit to audit at any point before 11:59 pm EST on this deadline.
Does not apply to Florida Polytechnic University or other partner institutions. Please refer to your course syllabus for details.