Professional Certificates are offered by Golden Gate University and powered by Outlier and consist of focused courses and training for specific careers to gain an immersive understanding of the general practices and processes needed in the field.
Students who complete and pass a Professional Certificate course receive both a Certificate of Completion issued by Coursera and college credits from Golden Gate University.
Which Professional Certificates are offered?
- Google Data Analytics I (Part 1 of 2-course Sequence)
- Digital and Social Media Marketing and E-Commerce I (Part 1 of 2-course Sequence)
- Google Project Management I
- Google IT Support
Coming in Spring 2024:
- Google Data Analytics II (Part 2 of 2)
- Digital and Social Media Marketing and E-Commerce II (Part 2 of 2)
How to Enroll in a Professional Certificate
The enrollment process varies slightly depending on which type of student you are. See below for a breakdown of student types. If you have any questions, you can reach out to the Student Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team will be happy to help clarify.
- Degrees+ students can enroll in a Professional Certificate by selecting the certificate courses in your Course Catalog during the enrollment period. You can also contact your dedicated Degrees+ Advisor for help or advice on how a professional certificate fits into your academic plans.
- High School students in one of Outlier's Dual Enrollment programs should contact their Outlier Administrator.
- Eligible employer partner students can apply through the Guild Learning Marketplace.
Professional certificates are not available to students outside of the Degrees+ program or an eligible partner program at this time.
When is the deadline to Enroll?
The Enrollment deadline is 11:59pm ET the day before the course begins.
Enrollment for the Fall 2023 term has closed. However, enrollment for the Spring 2024 term will open up in ~November 2023.
Benefits of Professional Certificates
Students who finish and pass their Professional Certificate course receive a Certificate of Completion issued by Coursera and college credits from Golden Gate University.
These courses are perfect for students who want to boost their resume with job-ready certification and learn in-demand skills from top companies, like Google and Salesforce, while also earning college credits towards their degree.
Accessing my Professional Certificate course
Students will access their Professional Certificate courses through their Outlier Student Dashboard in line with other enrolled courses. Students will be redirected to Coursera for certain modules of the course which will open in a separate Chrome tab.
What to Expect During the Course
Students taking a Professional Certificate course will access their course through their Outlier account. Throughout the course, you will complete coursework to help you master the material on both the Coursera and Outlier platforms.
Students can find a breakdown of their course's recommended pacing and due dates for graded assessments by reviewing their syllabus in the Course Toolkit.