Learners in 7- and 14-week courses and remote learners in 39-week courses should view this article instead.
This information will help in-classroom high school learners in 39-week courses prepare to take their exams with live proctoring.
Check with your school's Outlier Administrator if you have questions about any of the following:
- Make sure you know when and where the exam will be held. In-person exams are only offered at one date and time.
- Notify your Outlier Administrator right away if you're unable to take the exam at the scheduled time. They will make arrangements for a new proctoring session following Outlier's extension policy.
- Make sure your computer is fully charged or bring a power source to plug it in.
- Familiarize yourself with Outlier's Academic Integrity policy. Each student signs a pledge to uphold this policy at all times. Violations, even if unintentional, may result in serious sanctions.
- Put away any unauthorized materials in your backpack or locker. This includes any notes, textbooks, phones, headphones, and smart devices in your backpack or locker. These materials cannot be present in your exam environment.
- Bring a photo ID, such as a student ID or driver's license. If you are not personally known to the Outlier Administrator proctoring your exam, you'll need to provide them with an official ID.
- Wait for the required Exam Key. Your Outlier Administrator must enter a unique exam key into your computer to allow you to begin the exam. They are never permitted to share this key with students. Saving the exam key and/or sharing it is a violation of the Academic Integrity policy.
- Request to be excused by your Outlier Administrator. Stepping out of the classroom during the exam is not allowed without permission from the Outlier Administrator. Only 1 student may be excused at a time and no course materials can be accessed.
- Raise your hand before completing your exam. Your Outlier Administrator must witness you clicking the 'View Grade' button to submit your exam. After submitting, you must exit your Outlier Account and close your laptop. Students are not permitted to review their exam answers in the classroom while the test is being conducted.
For STEM courses, you can check to see if a hand-held calculator is permitted for use during your exam by viewing this article.